Monday, April 18, 2011

Text and Image


Technique: First, I tried using the pencil tool to create the heart shape, for the lyrics. But, that didn't work well in the end. So, after getting some help from my teacher, I discovered that you can take the elipses shape tool, and bend it to make different shapes, and eventually I was able to create a heart that was more well-rounded and shaped more like a heart. Afterwards I played with the the text tool, but I knew exactly which lyrics I wanted to use. I chose to use lyrics from the song 'Sigh No More' by Mumford&Sons, because it's my favorite song on their album, but also because the lyrics are very heartfelt and real. From there I chose different fonts and colors to really express the lyrics as best as possible. Although if I had more time, I would have probably found colors and fonts that were even better. Overall, I was happy with the way the picture turned out.


Assessment: Firstly, I should have retaken the image to reveal some more of the heart shape, so that it became more obvious that the picture was of a heart shaped box, instead of some random heart shape. Just overall the clarity of the image should have been better. Secondly, I wished that the heart shape, fit the image more than just looked like it was posted on the the image. Overall, in the end, I am pretty satisfied, I just know that it could have been better.

No comments: